days gone by.....

Monday, October 31, 2011

Lavender Sugar Recipe


I'm quite pleased with my Lavender harvest this year! I'll be making my usual sachets and lotions & potions for sure, but I'm adding a new twist this year. I'm going to bring Lavender into my kitchen! I'm gathering some great recipes for Lavender cookies, Lavender butter, Lavender sugar!

So I'm getting started with Lavender sugar. Here's the recipe if you want to try it:

You will need approx 2 Tsp Lavender flowers and 1 C sugar. Place the flowers in a 2" x 2" square of cheese cloth secured with a twist tie, place in jar, cover with sugar and put the lid on! Shake every few days for about 3 weeks. Too easy!


The woody stems won't go to waste either ... I'll toss them on the fire and enjoy the wisps of fragrance ..... Lavender is sooo soothing.....

Enjoy!

No comments: