days gone by.....

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Tips for rolling out sugar cookie dough!












I always shied away from rolled sugar cookies because ~ * the dough would stick to everything * I ended up adding too much extra flour (then dry dough) * I couldn't get the dough to roll out evenly (some cookies burned) ... basically a royal pain. Then I found some great tips while scrounging around on the good ol' internet. Now I actually ENJOY making sugar cookies! Here are a few tips I can't do without now. * Buy a set of ring guides for your rolling pin ~ they are color coded for dough thickness (pie dough, cookies, biscuits etc.)* Put dough between waxed paper (no extra flour and no sticking) Everything is nice and even and all the cookies bake the same... no more partially burned cookies!

No comments: