days gone by.....

Friday, April 9, 2010

Yummy Potato Soup Recipe


When I make potato soup, I don't have a "recipe" for the amounts. I just eyeball it.You can put in as many carrots,celery and onion as you like. It's not rocket science... it's potato soup! Have fun with it.




5 Idaho potatoes - peeled and cut into bite size pieces
~ 5 works for the two of us with leftovers for the next day *and a bowl to take to my Mom*! ~
half & half or milk
cooked bacon crumbled
carrots
celery
onion
1/2 stick butter (real butter please) we actually used a whole stick once *too much*
salt & pepper to taste
chives for garnish

Simmer carrots, celery & onion for about 10 minutes. Add potatoes and simmer until tender. Pour off most of the water, leaving about an inch. Add half & half or milk ~ or both ~ ... the point is how rich you want your soup to be. The same goes with how brothy on the amount. Add the butter, bacon and S&P. Bring to a simmer until butter is melted. Taste to adjust S&P. Sprinkle with chives! Enjoy!

crap ~ I forgot to add the chives before I took the picture!!!

No comments: