days gone by.....

Friday, April 9, 2010

Deviled Egg Recipe and a tip!








This is from Paula Dean



Ingredients

7 large eggs, hard boiled and peeled
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
Salt and pepper, for taste
Paprika,Sweet gherkin pickles sliced,Pimentos,olives for garnishing

Directions

Halve 7 eggs lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in a small bowl.

Mash yolks with a fork and stir in mayonnaise, pickle relish, and mustard. Add salt and pepper, to taste.

Fill egg whites evenly with yolk mixture. Garnish

This is good "as is" but I always like to "add my own touch" to stuff. Sometimes I add minced onion, horseradish, or garlic ... you know, kick it up!

Tip: I've found that hot eggs are easier to peel than cold ones. ouch! it's worth it though!

I found this great piece of Tupperware, with the lid even, at a garage sale for a buck!!

No comments: