days gone by.....

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Thought for the day ....


It seems lately I've noticed more apathy and rudeness in people. Service is bad, people are rude... I used to get mad and treat them back in the same way they treated me. Well, obviously that's just a waste of my energy! Then I got to thinking... there must be a reason why that person is sad or angry or just ready to give up. We don't know the circumstance that led them to where they are emotionally. Maybe they have an ill loved one, just lost a job, or simply feel hopeless. Now I try to be pleasant and smile (even if they don't look you in the eye, people can "feel" a smile when you talk). But most importantly, I pray for that person. I pray that God will touch their heart and give them comfort. How sad it must be for someone to be so miserable with their life! If we all stop to take the time to smile, say a kind word (and a silent prayer!) to a rude clerk, angry person in line,or *a crabby boss* ... we just might start to make a difference

No comments: